About the Company
Awal is an international development company harnessing technology and innovation to improve the lives of those in underdeveloped or underrepresented countries. ASEEL is one of the projects of Awal. ASEEL is an e-commerce platform available as website and mobile apps to connect artisans from underdeveloped countries to the global markets. We were founded based on the belief that development projects need to be faster, smarter, and innovative when it comes to creating a positive impact on people, communities, and nations. Afghanistan is our first country of operation and our current mission is to create 10,000 Jobs in Afghanistan’s handmade sector through supporting and empowering Afghan artisans.
We are not satisfied with slow and conventional growth models and techniques, used by more traditional development firms. We are a young and diverse team; our team is comprised of young professionals with experience in international development, system engineering, application development, data science and analytics, products sales and management, business and finance sectors, and digital e-commerce. We are a global team; our headquarters is in Kabul, Afghanistan, but we have team members in the US, UK, Australia, Norway, and other places. We are a driven and passionate company; all our members are committed to making positive impacts on international development using technology-based systems.
We think big as we take lessons learned from our team members’ combined decades of experience and previous projects to bridge the gap between the fast-paced technology sectors and the impact-driven international development world. We partner with government entities, private companies, non-government organizations, and international organizations. Our team members thrive in a fast-paced, impact-driven, and truly diverse and collaborative workplace. The ideal candidates to join our team not only meet the basic requirements for the position, but are willing to learn, collaborate, and expand their areas of responsibility and expertise as the team needs.
We partner with government entities, private companies, non-government organizations, and international organizations. Our team members thrive in a fast-paced, impact-driven, and truly diverse and collaborative workplace.
About the Position
ASEEL is looking for an admin and finance JP who will undertake to implement finance and administrative services including accounting/budgeting and human resource activities. The person generally will carry out effective recording, control and management of office resources alongside the Office’s operational activities in keeping with the office`s policies and guidelines.
Please see the below list for an initial idea of the areas of responsibility that will be expected of anyone who fills this vacancy.
Responsibilities of an admin and finance JP
1) Financial management
- Recording financial transactions on a daily basis.
- Preparing budget plan on a monthly and yearly based and implementing the plan.
- Preparing the financial statements including profit and loss account and balance sheet.
- Report periodically on the status of the budget implementation.
- Active contribution to all financial aspects.
- Ensure proper documentation of payment invoices, Receipts, and all other supporting documents.
- Reconciliation of the financial transactions on a daily basis.
- Identify innovative ways for cost-saving and efficient use of office resources.
- Processing the payroll for all staff on a monthly basis and providing the reports to the manager.
- Keeping up the company `s inventory record up to date.
2) Human Resource management
- Keep all staff records/Files updated according to the employment checklist.
- Regularly check-ins with staff and measure their work quality and effectiveness.
- Announcing all the required positions and vacancies of the company.
- Active contribution in all team interviews within the company.
- Coordinate properly with all team members to identify their requirements and fulfilling them.
- Onboarding new staff properly based on the company procedures.
- Ensure all the administrative documents necessary for the proper functioning of the office and staff are obtained from the relevant authorities.
- Ensure that the company policies and procedures are well followed up by the employees.
- Tracking employees’ leave and attendance properly.
Qualification of the Admin and finance JP
- Has earned a bachelor degree in BBA, Economy, or other related files with at least one year of experience in the HR and Finance section
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication in English and local languages.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, multicultural and diverse team to function effectively as a member of various group
- Familiarity with HR functions and all accounting principles.
- Familiarity with accounting software like QuickBooks.
- Manage multitasks simultaneously, fast learner person, highly creative, driven individual who can work on their own.
- Can thrive in a fast-paced extensive environment.
Subject: Admin and finance JP
Submission Email: email@example.com
Salary range: According to the organization scale
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org