About the Company
Awal is an international development company harnessing technology and innovation to improve the lives of those in underdeveloped or underrepresented countries. ASEEL is one of the projects of Awal. ASEEL is an e-commerce platform available as website and mobile apps to connect artisans from underdeveloped countries to the global markets. We were founded based on the belief that development projects need to be faster, smarter, and innovative when it comes to creating a positive impact on people, communities, and nations. Afghanistan is our first country of operation and our current mission is to create 10,000 Jobs in Afghanistan’s handmade sector through supporting and empowering Afghan artisans.
We are not satisfied with slow and conventional growth models and techniques, used by more traditional development firms. We are a young and diverse team; our team is comprised of young professionals with experience in international development, system engineering, application development, data science and analytics, products sales and management, business and finance sectors, and digital e-commerce. We are a global team; our headquarters is in Kabul, Afghanistan, but we have team members in the US, UK, Australia, Norway, and other places. We are a driven and passionate company; all our members are committed to making positive impacts on international development using technology-based systems.
About the Position
ASEEL is looking for a Full Stack Magento2 Developer to fill a role in our system development team as a Magento 2 expert. Generally, this person will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing solutions in an agile environment. The intended person may be asked to contribute as an individual or as a lead, but you are comfortable doing both.
Please see the below list for an initial idea of the areas of responsibility that will be expected of anyone who fills this vacancy.
Main Responsibilities of a Full stack Magento2 Developer
- Providing oversight, guidance, and mentoring of junior developers.
- Responsible for designing, developing, and implementing solutions in Magento2.
- Web APIs integrations.
Required skills for a Full Stack Magento2 Developer
- Demonstrated experience in e-commerce systems specifically Magento 2.
- Solid understanding of MySQL database best practices including build, test, and deployment.
- Proficient in modern development standards, best practices, and UI/UX design principles.
- Excellent communication, strong interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable leading and providing oversight, guidance, and mentoring of junior developers.
Qualifications of a Full Stack Magento2 Developer
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field in an accredited university.
- 3+ years of Magento experience.
- 3+ years of experience in full-stack development of production web applications.
- 3+ years of experience in a role leading the development and implementation of complex software development projects.
- Functional and technical knowledge of Magento, Shopify, Big-commerce, or other eCommerce platform workflows.
The following plus points will be highly appreciated:
- Magento Developer, Developer Plus certification(s).
- Prior development and understanding of PWA & Headless Architecture.
- DevOps knowledge and automation for building, testing, and releasing web applications.
- SEO principles and best practices.
- Familiar with agile / scrum methodologies, Git-based source control workflow, and Containers (Docker/Kubernetes).
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Subject: Full Stack Magento2 Developer
Salary range: According to the organization scale
Nature of the work: Remotely
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org