About the Company
Awal is an international development company harnessing technology and innovation to improve the lives of those in underdeveloped or underrepresented countries. ASEEL is one of the projects of Awal. ASEEL is an e-commerce platform available as website and mobile apps to connect artisans from underdeveloped countries to the global markets. We were founded based on the belief that development projects need to be faster, smarter, and innovative when it comes to creating a positive impact on people, communities, and nations. Afghanistan is our first country of operation and our current mission is to create 10,000 Jobs in Afghanistan’s handmade sector through supporting and empowering Afghan artisans.
We are not satisfied with slow and conventional growth models and techniques, used by more traditional development firms. We are a young and diverse team; our team is comprised of young professionals with experience in international development, system engineering, application development, data science and analytics, products sales and management, business and finance sectors, and digital e-commerce. We are a global team; our headquarters is in Kabul, Afghanistan, but we have team members in the US, UK, Australia, Norway, and other places. We are a driven and passionate company; all our members are committed to making positive impacts on international development using technology-based systems.
About the Position
At Aseel we have an exciting opportunity to join a highly successful, team-orientated and motivated company in a branch of E-commerce that is modern and flourishing.
We are looking to expand our Engineering Department and are looking for a Graduate and Senior Software Engineer to join the team. The role will cover all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
Please see the below list for an initial idea on the areas of responsibilities that will be expected of anyone who fills this vacancy.
Responsibilities of a General Software Developer
- Familiarity with Software development and designing. You will be required to produce written design specifications to meet specified requirements.
- Ability to work with a diverse team and you will be team orientated as well as open to learning and sharing knowledge.
- You will need to have high levels of energy, coupled with a logical and structured approach to problem solving; you will be passionate about technology and delivering change.
- You must be able to work in a standalone agile engineering environment.
Qualifications of General Software Developer for AWAL LLC
AWAL is a global business with a startup model and an institutional mindset. We hold our entire team to exceedingly high standards of work and output. If hired to fill this position, you will be expected to not only meet the terms of your contract but take ownership of your position and learn where you can take initiative.
We also adhere to internationally recognized standards of hiring centered on non-discrimination and merit-based hiring procedures. We will judge each and every candidate solely based on how their resumes and interview results resonate with the position requirements and scope of work; we do not discriminate against potential candidates based on their race, nationality, gender, or any other aspects of identity. Below are the qualifications for this Social media Associate vacancy.
Qualifications of a General Software Developer
- Have earned a bachelor degree in Computer science/Software engineering with experience with one of the programing languages.
- Being pro-active and conscientious with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to project-manages and works to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Subject: General Software Developer
Submission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary range: According to the organization scale
Type of employment: Full-time job/Permanent
Nature of the work: Office/Remotely
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com