About the Company
Aseel is a global impact-driven technology platform supporting artisans and providing humanitarian aid to Afghans, all done through our digital platforms. We are a diverse team of technical professionals with backgrounds in system engineering, application development, data science and analytics, international development, business, and finance sectors. We are a global team; our headquarters is in Kabul, Afghanistan, but we have team members located throughout the US, UK, Australia, Norway, and abroad who are actively expanding our platform. Our members are driven, passionate, and committed to making a positive yet practical impact using technology-based systems.
About the Position
Aseel seeks a Content Editor who will assist the Content Editor Lead and media department by writing and editing material for Aseel’s business endeavors and emergency response efforts. The Content Editor will feel comfortable writing in English, exhibit excellent grammar and punctuation usage, and can produce clean content with few errors and little oversight after the transition period. The Content Editor will be responsible for editing content both of their own volition and upon request by other Aseel team members across various departments. This position requires that the hiree shows innovation, self-motivation, and a willingness to grow into the role with support. The candidate most qualified for this position will also be able to adapt quickly and prioritize urgent deadlines.
Please see the below list for an initial idea of the areas of responsibility that will be expected of anyone who fills this vacancy:
Responsibilities for the Position
- Candidate will be proficient in spoken and written English
- Responsible for assisting HR/finance, media, development, and other departments with internally relevant content, including writing original content and editing documents
- Assist team members with writing and editing emails, forms, and other relevant templates
- Assist creative teams with captions for graphics, social media posts, videos, etc.
- Responsible for becoming familiar with Aseel’s mobile and web platforms as well as other technological capabilities
- Assist on various external-facing projects that will represent Aseel to the global community
- Responsible for attendance at all team meetings, scheduling meetings with relevant team members when required, and providing meaningful justifications for any missed meetings
Qualification for the Position
- A four-year degree in marketing/communications, journalism/publishing, English, social sciences, or literature preferred
- Experience, either full-time or through internships providing written content, including but not limited to articles, op-eds, news, social media posts, and other outward-facing publishing opportunities
- Relevant experience with drafting, writing, and editing are written content of various lengths
- Full proficiency in English; please provide TOEFL or other English language test scores
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word Suite and editing tools
- Highly desired skills include experience writing funding proposals and a completed or in-progress thesis/capstone paper in English
- Other highly desired skills include the ability to research and synthesize writing about relevant topics and experience working with a multidisciplinary team
- Candidate must be open to learning about new business processes, supply chain issues, and global challenges facing NGOs like Aseel
To apply for this job email your details to Aseel@awal.org