About the Company
Awal is an international development company harnessing technology and innovation to improve the lives of those in underdeveloped or underrepresented countries. ASEEL is one of the projects of Awal. ASEEL is an e-commerce platform available as website and mobile apps to connect artisans from underdeveloped countries to the global markets. We were founded based on the belief that development projects need to be faster, smarter, and innovative when it comes to creating a positive impact on people, communities, and nations. Afghanistan is our first country of operation and our current mission is to create 10,000 Jobs in Afghanistan’s handmade sector through supporting and empowering Afghan artisans.
We are not satisfied with slow and conventional growth models and techniques, used by more traditional development firms. We are a young and diverse team; our team is comprised of young professionals with experience in international development, system engineering, application development, data science and analytics, products sales and management, business and finance sectors, and digital e-commerce. We are a global team; our headquarters is in Kabul, Afghanistan, but we have team members in the US, UK, Australia, Norway, and other places. We are a driven and passionate company; all our members are committed to making positive impacts on international development using technology-based systems.
We think big as we take lessons learned from our team members’ combined decades of experience and previous projects to bridge the gap between the fast-paced technology sectors and the impact-driven international development world. We partner with government entities, private companies, non-government organizations, and international organizations. Our team members thrive in a fast-paced, impact-driven, and truly diverse and collaborative workplace. The ideal candidates to join our team not only meet the basic requirements for the position, but are willing to learn, collaborate, and expand their areas of responsibility and expertise as the team needs.
We partner with government entities, private companies, non-government organizations, and international organizations. Our team members thrive in a fast-paced, impact-driven, and truly diverse and collaborative workplace.
About the Position
ASEEL is looking for a junior professional who can fill out a position in our marketing team as a media and external communicate associate. Media and external communication associate will be responsible for assisting with writing and communication projects and tasks within our organization. The more focus will be on writing and preparing press releases that support campaign initiatives, reaching out to local and international media agencies and news reporters, and writing pitch stories for those media agencies to feature Aseel’s work.
Please see the below list for an initial idea of the areas of responsibility that will be expected of anyone who fills this vacancy.
Responsibilities of a Media and External Communications Associate
- Writing press releases related to ASEEL’s amazing activities
- Supporting the media relations program including pitching stories to the regional press and managing media opportunities
- Analyzing and collating media coverage so we can measure our successes
- Help write and edit content for social media, external messaging, and internal documents as needed.
- Track memberships, conferences, and award opportunities.
- Support document production tasks (i.e., desktop publishing), ensuring formatting, writing style, and overall quality.
- Track and help manage and develop stories for our website and for external publications
- Provide support for internal and external events and meetings, including managing interactive elements in Zoom and Microsoft Teams such as breakout groups and polls.
- Manage social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) to schedule posts, manage campaigns, monitor various conversations and accounts, and track analytics.
Qualification of Media and External Communications Associate
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, Marketing, English or related field.
- 1-2 years’ experience in media relations, journalism, communications, marketing or related field.
- Experience in public lands, conservation, and/or political campaigns
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skill in proactively building relationships with reporters and editors, and in successfully positioning issues with the media to achieve high- impact placements.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and stay on deadline
- Flexibility and willingness to work as part of a large team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Skills in design software, blogging software and social media platforms preferred.
- Ambitious and takes initiative; committed to getting the job done
Subject: Media and external communications associate
Submission Email: email@example.com
Salary range: According to the organization scale
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org