About the Company
Awal is an international development company harnessing technology and innovation to improve the lives of those in underdeveloped or underrepresented countries. ASEEL is one of the projects of Awal. ASEEL is an e-commerce platform available as website and mobile apps to connect artisans from underdeveloped countries to the global markets. We were founded based on the belief that development projects need to be faster, smarter, and innovative when it comes to creating a positive impact on people, communities, and nations. Afghanistan is our first country of operation and our current mission is to create 10,000 Jobs in Afghanistan’s handmade sector through supporting and empowering Afghan artisans.
We are not satisfied with slow and conventional growth models and techniques, used by more traditional development firms. We are a young and diverse team; our team is comprised of young professionals with experience in international development, system engineering, application development, data science and analytics, products sales and management, business and finance sectors, and digital e-commerce. We are a global team; our headquarters is in Kabul, Afghanistan, but we have team members in the US, UK, Australia, Norway, and other places. We are a driven and passionate company; all our members are committed to making positive impacts on international development using technology-based systems.
We think big as we take lessons learned from our team members’ combined decades of experience and previous projects to bridge the gap between the fast-paced technology sectors and the impact-driven international development world. We partner with government entities, private companies, non-government organizations, and international organizations. Our team members thrive in a fast-paced, impact-driven, and truly diverse and collaborative workplace. The ideal candidates to join our team not only meet the basic requirements for the position, but are willing to learn, collaborate, and expand their areas of responsibility and expertise as the team needs.
We partner with government entities, private companies, non-government organizations, and international organizations. Our team members thrive in a fast-paced, impact-driven, and truly diverse and collaborative workplace.
About the Position
ASEEL is looking for a Technical Associate who will assist us with repairing software and applications, troubleshooting, and conducting regular tests and maintenance to ensure smooth workflow, he/she must also handle and address inquiries or concerns from clients, resolving them promptly and professionally.
Please see the below list for an initial idea of the areas of responsibility that will be expected of anyone who fills this vacancy.
Responsibilities of Technical Associate
- Manage, design and develop the software throughout the SDLC life cycle.
- Develop various scripts for utilities and also to automate administrative task for server operations and local desktop support technicians.
- Work on UNIX command line tools for server administration
- Conduct QA testing of developer code to ensure that it function as per the business and technical requirements.
- Back end testing of reports – validating data in reports by writing and firing identical SQL queries on the database.
Qualification of the Technical Associate
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in an appropriate field (information technology, computer science, systems management, or related discipline)
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication in English and local languages.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, multicultural and diverse team to function effectively as a member of various group
- Manage multitasks simultaneously, fast learner person, highly creative, driven individual who can work on their own.
- Can thrive in a fast-paced extensive environment.
Subject: Technical Associate
Submission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary range: According to the organization scale
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com